Quality Pest Solutions For Apex, NC Properties
A suburb of Cary and the greater Raleigh area, Apex is a North Carolina community known as a trading hub for the rest of the Tarheel State and the East Coast. But hubs of trading and human activity also end up being hotspots for pest activity. That’s why Apex property owners need to learn how to prevent pests from invading their homes and businesses. Plus, turning to professionals for guidance, not to mention protective treatments, is the best way to guarantee that infestations never take over.
Residential Pest Control In Apex, NC
When it comes to pest control in your home, you want to make sure you’re not doing things halfway. Waiting until pests are already there before you worry about them is a recipe for disaster. And, while many homeowners try a DIY approach, the most effective form of pest control comes from professionals.
At Southern Pest Solutions, we offer residential pest control solutions that not only eliminate existing infestations but also prevent future pest problems. Here’s why you should trust us to protect your home:
- Comprehensive: We don’t just focus on one type of pest. Instead, our treatments are designed to shield your property from a wide range of invasive species.
- Targeted: However, if one type of pest is a specific problem or requires a specific type of treatment, we provide targeted services that will work.
- Reliable: When you partner with us, you can bet that Southern Pest Solutions will address your concerns quickly and effectively. It’s this reliable service that has earned us a loyal customer base.
Keep pests out of your Apex home by contacting Southern Pest Solutions today.
Commercial Pest Control In Apex, NC
Pests are an even bigger problem for businesses, which tend to be hubs of human activity and all of the other factors that attract infestations. That’s why Southern Pest Solutions helps Apex businesses deal with prevention and elimination services.
Contact us today to protect your business from these serious problems:
- Damage: Pests can damage your property in a number of ways, from scratching and chewing to staining and structural damage. Dealing with a pest problem promptly is cheaper in the long run than taking a lax approach.
- Disease: Pests also bring diseases and parasites, which pose health concerns for your employees and customers. Pests can even make allergies and respiratory problems worse.
- Closures: Once word of an infestation gets out, it doesn’t take long for public health officials to act on the rumor. This can lead to fines and forced closures, another consequence that’s more expensive than simply turning to the pros right away.
Don’t let these problems happen to your business. Reach out to Southern Pest Solutions today to get started with effective commercial pest control.
The Secret To Effective Flea & Tick Control For Apex Property Owners
People tend to think fleas and ticks can’t or won’t become a problem in their homes. Maybe you don’t have pests, or you tend to be careful when hiking out in the wilderness, but these aren’t the only ways these parasites can invade a property. Fleas don’t just target animals, and ticks aren’t just found out in the middle of nowhere. They are both parasites, so they will go where there is blood to feed on, including inside our homes and outside in our yards.
That’s why the primary secret to flea and tick control is to not underestimate how common they are. Instead, turn to professionals who can inspect your property for signs of parasites and provide treatments that ward off invasive pests of all kinds. At Southern Pest Solutions, we have experience with quickly eliminating parasitic pests and making sure your yard is shielded against infestations forming in the future. Get started on proper flea and tick control today by contacting Southern Pest Solutions.
How To Tell If Your Apex Home Has A Cockroach Problem
Cockroaches are universally reviled, and no one wants them in their home. They carry diseases like salmonella and can even damage property due to their staining urine and feces. But most people don’t realize just how skilled these invasive pests can be at hiding.
They tend to be more active during the nighttime, and they like to stick to the dark areas of a property where people won’t discover their activity. That’s why you have to know how to detect the other signs of a cockroach infestation, so you can act quickly to eliminate them:
- Odor: Cockroaches lead to a musty odor that can permeate a house, especially when they nest within the walls or vents.
- Skins: As cockroaches grow, they shed their skins and leave these discarded exoskeletons behind.
- Allergies: Not only can cockroaches carry diseases, but their presence in a home can also lead to allergies and respiratory problems.
Deal with roaches quickly and effectively or get a thorough inspection by contacting Southern Pest Solutions for our reliable cockroach control service.
A Step-By-Step Guide To Total Ant Control For Apex Property Owners
Ants invading your Apex property is a recipe for disaster and should be met with professional ant control if you want to prevent prolonged issues. In addition to expert ant removal, you can also follow these easy ant prevention tips to help deter infestations of ants and ensure this pest stays off your property for good:
- Seal potential ant entry points on your property by repairing cracks around windows, doors, the foundation, and any utility areas.
- Ensure the interior of your property is ant-proofed by using sturdy window and door screens, weatherstripping, and keeping doors and windows closed when possible.
- Store leftover food properly, use airtight containers in food pantry areas, and never leave out food or drink spills, as these items attract hungry ants.
- Dispose of all trash promptly and seal trash bags tightly to prevent ants from scavenging in garbage bags or cans.
If you need further advice on ant control in Apex, contact Southern Pest Solutions today.
The Ways You May Be Misinformed About The Bed Bugs In Apex
Bed bugs are tricky insects to deal with, and their small size, skill at hiding in hard-to-reach areas, and prolific nature ensure that once an infestation takes over, it becomes widespread quickly. However, you may think that your Apex property is immune to bed bugs as long as you keep it clean and decluttered – many individuals are misinformed about this false myth.
Bed bugs can enter any property, regardless of cleanliness or how cluttered the property is. The only thing you need for a bed bug infestation to start is to accidentally pick up a few of these pests either when traveling or purchasing second-hand items, and before you know it, you’ll have an infestation in your home.
Many Apex residents may also believe that DIY bed bug control methods will be enough to eradicate this pest from their homes. Again, this is a myth, as DIY and store-bought tactics are often less than effective when tackling bed bugs. Instead, professional pest control provided by Southern Pest Solutions is the most reliable and effective way to get rid of bed bugs.
Four Bizarre Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Bees In Apex
Bees in Apex are generally harmless, but large populations of this insect around your property may cause problems sometimes. Here we will discuss some interesting bee facts and advise you on what to do if you encounter many bees around your property:
- There are over 500 species of bees in North Carolina, yet only a handful of species are known for their pest presence on Apex properties, with the honey bee and carpenter bees being the most common.
- Carpenter bees will tunnel into the wood of your Apex property and make their colonies there, creating significant structural damage and introducing moisture or mold problems.
- Honey bee colonies can contain up to 50,000 bees, which is great for pollination and honey production but not so great when this pest moves its large colonies onto your property.
- Only female honey bees can sting as male bees don’t have a stinger; female carpenter bees can also sting, but this pest is unlikely to attack and sting humans unless directly provoked.
If you are dealing with a significant bee problem on your Apex property, contact Southern Pest Solutions for reliable bee control. We’ll identify your bee issue, professionally remove honey bees, or eliminate other bee colonies.
What's Attracting Mosquitoes To My Apex Home?
Mosquitoes may seem like nothing more than a nuisance, but this pest can be dangerous, especially in large numbers. It’s essential to understand what’s attracting this pest to your Apex home so that you can remove these factors and deter mosquitoes from settling around your Apex property.
Like most other insects, mosquitoes like access to easy food, shelter, and water sources. Mosquitos particularly like standing water, as this insect can lay their eggs in only a few inches of water, further increasing your mosquito problems. Shaded, overgrown, and damp areas are all preferences for mosquitoes, so it’s vital to keep the grass trimmed low, remove overgrown areas, and ensure your yard is free from debris.
Additionally, wear long-sleeved clothing and pants when spending extended time outdoors, and refrain from wearing sweet-smelling perfumes. Store all sweet-smelling foods and drinks indoors to stop mosquitoes from being attracted to your property for an easy meal.
Request a free quote from Southern Pest Solutions today if you suspect mosquitoes are moving onto your Apex property or want help safeguarding your home against this pest.