What Every Raleigh Resident Should Know About House Spiders
September 15, 2022
With fall right around the corner, spiders are starting to become more active. And for Raleigh residents, that means there's a good chance you'll see house spiders in and around your home. While many people are afraid of spiders, they generally aren't actually harmful. Southern Pest Solutions will provide some information about house spiders so you can better identify them and understand their behavior. We'll also cover how to get rid of them with professional pest control in Raleigh.
Types Of Spiders In Raleigh
There are many kinds of spiders that Raleigh residents will find in and around their homes. Some of the most common include:
- Wolf spider
- Jumping spider
- House spider
- Black widow spider
- Brown recluse spider
- Hobo spider
- Carolina wolf spider
While most common household spiders in Raleigh are not dangerous, the black widow spider and brown recluse spider can be. If you see either of these spiders in your home, it's important to call a professional pest control company like Southern Pest Solutions right away.
Are Spiders In My Home Dangerous?
Most spiders in Raleigh are not dangerous. Although they may be feared, they generally pose no threat to humans. However, there are two that you should be aware of: the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. These spiders can bite humans and their venom can be harmful. If you see either of these spiders in your home, call a professional pest control company right away. Trying to remove them on your own can be dangerous, and you could end up getting bitten.
If you see any other type of spider in your home, there's no need to be concerned. These spiders are not harmful and pose no threat to humans. However, if you're still worried about them, you can always call a professional pest control company to have them removed.
Six Effective Spider Prevention Tips
Here are a few simple but effective ways to get rid of spiders in your Raleigh home:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter. Spiders love dark, secluded areas where they can build their webs. Keeping your home clean and free of clutter can make it less inviting for them.
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home. Spiders can enter your home through even the smallest of openings. Check your home for any cracks or openings and seal them with caulk or weatherstripping.
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris. Spiders often build their webs in tall grass, so it's important to keep your yard trimmed.
- Remove any spider webs you see. If you see a spider web, it's best to remove it right away. This will help prevent spiders from moving in and making your home their own.
- Remove their food source. Spiders are attracted to homes with a lot of insects. By reducing the number of insects in and around your home, you'll also reduce the number of spiders.
- Call a professional pest control company. If you're still worried about spiders in your home, call a professional pest control company. They can help identify any problem areas and come up with a plan to keep spiders away.
Raleigh residents don't have to live in fear of spiders. By following these simple spider prevention tips, you can help keep them out of your home.
The Key To Effective Spider Control For Raleigh Residents
While there are things you can do to help prevent them from entering your home, the best method of home defense for spiders is by working with a professional pest control company. For extra peace of mind, contact Southern Pest Solutions. We have the experience and knowledge to identify any problem areas in your home and come up with a plan to keep all spiders away. Contact us today for a free quote. We look forward to helping you get started on a spider-free home.