Reliable Pest Control In Raleigh, NC
As the capital of North Carolina, Raleigh is a sprawling metropolitan area and the largest of The Triangle cities. This area is home to some of the nation’s best universities, museums, and cultural celebrations. But all this human activity and influence means that pest populations can thrive on Raleigh properties. Only by preventing pest populations and quickly acting on existing infestations can you hope to avoid the larger issues pests in Raleigh cause. Learn how to do this with help from Southern Pest Solutions.
Residential Pest Control In Raleigh, NC
Keeping your home safe from pest infestations is about more than just reacting to pest activity; it’s about preventing it in the first place. Unfortunately, far too many homeowners don’t take a proactive stance when it comes to pest control, which can lead to property damage and even disease once pests take up residence. That’s why it’s important for Raleigh property owners to turn to the professionals at Southern Pest Solutions for early, preventative treatments and targeted solutions to problems that are already there. Here’s why you should partner with us:
- Comprehensive: Our treatments work against a wide variety of the most common pests to invade Raleigh homes, meaning you can rest easy knowing that our service is cost-effective for the high level of protection it provides.
- Specialized: Some pests, on the other hand, require specific methods that only experts can provide. For things like termites or rodents, we have specialized methods that fully eliminate the problem.
- Reliable: In order to stay in the pest business, you have to provide results and good customer service. That’s precisely why Southern Pest Solutions has earned the business of homeowners all over the Raleigh area.
Let us get started today on protecting your Raleigh home from pests. Contact Southern Pest Control to take the first step in reliable pest control.
Commercial Pest Control In Raleigh, NC
When people think of pests in businesses, they tend to think only of restaurants or seedy motels that attract infestations. But the truth is that all kinds of businesses can fall prey to pests, even well-managed ones that fall into these same categories. That’s because pests are attracted by human activity, and businesses are called businesses because, well, there’s lots going on in them. That means every commercial property owner in Raleigh should learn how to turn to the experts for effective commercial pest control, so you don’t wind up with the serious side effects of an infestation, including:
- Damage: Pests can damage property in a number of ways, from rodents chewing items or the stains that get left behind from the droppings of all kinds of pests.
- Disease: Pests can also carry diseases, which pose health risks to your employees and customers and interrupt day-to-day operations.
- Closures: The biggest disruption pests can cause is the direct consequences that come from authorities or from having to close down a business to eliminate existing infestations.
All of these reasons and more are why it’s important to turn to professional pest control early, rather than assuming pests won’t happen to you or waiting until they already have to act. Contact Southern Pest Solutions today.
What Everyone In Raleigh Should Know About Termite Season
People know all about how destructive termites in Raleigh can be once they move into a property. But they don’t tend to spend much time thinking about how they got there in the first place. That’s a crucial thing to know because understanding how termite populations form will help you keep an eye out for the earliest signs, so you can clamp down on colonies before they lead to severe property damage.
Termite season is typically in the spring and summer, when flying termites, called swarmers, fly through the sky to find attractive properties with wood sources to form new colonies inside. That includes human yards and structures. Once a swarmer finds a spot it likes, it sheds its wings and burrows below ground to start producing more termites. The workers and soldiers they produce will grow the colony’s size, building towards whatever woods they can find. That’s why it’s essential to prepare for termite season by hiring experts who can inspect your property thoroughly for signs of termite activity. Contact Southern Pest Solutions to get started on thorough termite control for your Raleigh property today.
Why Bed Bugs Are So Hard to Get Out Of Your Raleigh Home
It can be easy to assume that bed bugs in Raleigh will never hit your home because you keep your mattresses clean. But there’s a whole lot more to bed bug activity that makes them such common pests. For one, they don’t just infest mattresses. For another, total bed bug prevention is never guaranteed. While cleanliness and preventative treatments can keep out other invasive pests, bed bugs work a little differently, making them uniquely challenging to keep out of homes and fully eliminate. Here’s why:
- Used Items: Bed bugs are often brought indoors by unsuspecting people or pets, who carry used items like clothing, chew toys, or packages that contain these tiny bugs within.
- Hot Spots: Bed bugs also cling to hair, skin, and clothing to hitch rides on people. That means they tend to end up in public spaces like hotels, transit hubs, and other areas where human activity is concentrated.
- Treatment: Most DIY methods of bed bug removal won’t address all the hidden eggs and bugs that aren’t at the direct site of treatment. Simply put, it takes an expert to fully root out the entire population, which is why you should leave it to professional pest experts to eliminate bed bugs in Raleigh.
Don’t underestimate bed bug activity. Contact Southern Pest Solutions today to learn how we can genuinely address bed bug concerns.
Common Warning Signs Of Carpenter Ants In Raleigh
Carpenter ants are one of the most destructive pests in Raleigh. They may be small, but they can cause extensive damage to your home and property if left unchecked. Here are some common warning signs that you may have a carpenter ant infestation:
- Seeing large (winged) carpenter ants indoors: These are the reproductive males and females of the colony, and their presence indoors means that there is an established nest somewhere on your property.
- Seeing small, sawdust-like piles near wood surfaces: Carpenter ants excavate wood to build their nests, and this debris is typically pushed out of small holes in the wood.
- Hearing a rustling sound coming from walls or ceilings: This is another sign that carpenter ants are present, as the noise is caused by them moving around inside wood voids.
If you suspect that you have a carpenter ant infestation, it's important to call a professional pest control company like Southern Pest Solutions as soon as possible. Our experienced and certified technicians will be able to quickly locate the nest and get rid of the carpenter ants before they cause serious damage to your home.
Tips To Keep German Cockroaches Out Of Your Raleigh Home
German cockroaches are one of the most common types of roaches in Raleigh. These pests are known for their ability to quickly reproduce and can be a real nuisance if they get into your home. Here are some tips to help keep German cockroaches out:
- Keep your home clean. Cockroaches are attracted to food and grease, so it's important to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean. Wipe down surfaces, sweep floors, and empty trash cans regularly.
- Store food in sealed containers. This will help to keep cockroaches from getting into your food.
- Fix any water leaks. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture, so fixing any leaks in your plumbing will help to keep them away.
- Keep your home free of clutter. Clutter provides hiding places for cockroaches, so it's important to keep your home free of clutter.
- Call a professional. If you're having trouble keeping cockroaches out of your home, it's best to call a professional pest control company. Southern Pest Solutions is highly experienced in dealing with German cockroach infestations, and we know how to effectively eliminate them.
Southern Pest Solutions is your Raleigh cockroach control expert. We can help you get rid of German cockroaches and keep them away for good. Call us today for a free quote.
How You May Be Underestimating Fleas In Raleigh
You might think that fleas are only a problem for pets, but they can actually be a problem for humans as well. Fleas can bite humans and cause irritation, and they can also carry diseases. Here are some things you should know about fleas in Raleigh:
- Fleas can jump: Fleas can jump up to four feet high, which means they can easily get onto humans.
- Fleas can cause disease: Fleas can carry diseases like typhus and plague.
- Fleas are hard to get rid of: Once fleas get into your home, they're hard to get rid of because they can reproduce so quickly. You'll need the help of a professional pest control company to efficiently eliminate them.
- Southern Pest Solutions can help: If you're having trouble with fleas, call Southern Pest Solutions. We can help you get rid of fleas and keep them from coming back.
Don't underestimate the problem of fleas in Raleigh. These pests can cause disease and are hard to get rid of. Call Southern Pest Solutions for help if you suspect a flea infestation in your home. We'll get rid of your flea problem and help you keep them from coming back.
Why Professional Mosquito Control For Your Raleigh Yard Is A Good Idea
While Raleigh is a beautiful city with plenty to do, the problem of mosquitoes can make spending time outside a real nuisance. Not only are these pests annoying, but they can also carry diseases that can make you and your family sick.
Fortunately, there is a solution: professional mosquito control from Southern Pest Solutions. Our experienced technicians will come to your home and treat your yard, so you can finally enjoy your time outside again.
There are many reasons to choose professional mosquito control over do-it-yourself methods. First of all, store-bought mosquito sprays and traps are not always effective. At best, they will only provide temporary relief from mosquitoes. On the other hand, Southern Pest Solutions’ mosquito control is long-lasting and will keep your yard mosquito-free for weeks at a time. Our treatment method is also more effective at targeting mosquitoes where they live and breed, so you can be sure that the problem will be taken care of at the source.
In addition, our mosquito control is completely safe for your family and pets. The products we use are EPA-approved and will effectively kill the mosquitoes in your yard while posing no risk to human health or the environment.
If you’re tired of mosquitoes ruining your time outside, contact Southern Pest Solutions today. We offer a free, no-obligation quote, so you can learn more about our mosquito control services and see how we can help you. Don’t let mosquitoes keep you from enjoying your yard; call us today.